Once you complete the steps above, your application will go to your university for verification. When the university has completed its portion, they’ll submit your application to KSDE and you’ll receive an email notification to submit payment.

Students paying attention to teacher while he is pointing at the board

Making changes to your license

How to upgrade your license

You can upgrade your initial teaching, school specialist, or school leadership license to the professional license based on mentoring and experience by using Form 21 via an online application. 

How to add an endorsement

You can add teaching endorsements by passing the appropriate content test. Elementary, early childhood, and SPED endorsements cannot be added by testing. You must submit a Form 22 application and fee to add endorsements. 

Complete a program in the new teaching, school specialist, or school leadership area that you want to add. If you’re looking for a school offering a program in your desired area, find it here.

Find your dream teaching job in Kansas

Explore the positions available right now across the state. Search by content area, specialty, and location.