Resume & Interview Tips
Be prepared to shine when you apply
In addition to what your resume says about your qualifications, the way it’s put together says a lot about you. That’s why our friends at Fort Hays State University have prepared information to help students of all kinds.
- Advice on writing a resume and cover letter
- Resources for undergraduates
- Resources for graduate students
- Resources for military and veteran students
- Resources for international students
- For additional help, you can also reach out to their Career Services Department at 785-628-4260.
Go to your interview prepared! Here are 10 tips to help you ace your interview.
- Research the school
- Prepare your personal sales pitch
- Prepare answers to common questions
- Align answers with the school’s values
- Find examples of your favorite lessons and activities
- Bring a portfolio of lessons and artifacts
- Provide examples & evidence during the interview
- Prepare questions to ask at the end of the interview
- Dress so you feel comfortable, professional, and confident
- After the interview, send a handwritten thank you note
Are you switching careers to teaching?
Mid-career changes can lead to outstanding teaching because you have a unique set of skills a school can use! When applying, be sure to highlight how your previous career will support your choice to teach. Here are some tips for that process.
EdWeek also offers advice on how to make a mid-career change to teaching.
Go after your dream teaching job
Explore the positions available right now throughout the state of Kansas.